MMA Gear

9.21.2009

ICF: Stacked Post-Event Interview with Brandon Demastes (July 28, 2009)

The first fighter I had the chance to speak to after the recent ICF: Stacked event was Brandon Demastes from Buckhannon, WV. Rebounding from a FightTicker.com Fight of the Night loss to Dave Heidorn, Demastes took out Justin Hunt at just 33 seconds of the first round.

Here is what Demastes had to say following the event:

FightTicker.com: Okay, Brandon Demastes, fresh off a 33 second TKO win over Justin Hunt (Brandon’s corner told me it was actually 32 seconds), how did you feel going into the fight?

Brandon Demastes: I felt really good. My cardio was a lot better and I worked a lot on my standup. My plan before was to take him down because he wasn’t so good on the ground, but I just got a lucky punch in.

FightTicker.com: Did you the think the stoppage was early?

Brandon Demastes: I don’t know, it was the referee’s decision, but I don’t think he was getting up so it was pretty good.

FightTicker.com: I know you had a tough decision loss in your last fight (FightTicker.com Fight of the Night vs. Dave Heidorn), you come back tonight with a big TKO win, when do you think you might want to fight again?

Brandon Demastes: I’d like to fight for the title right now, I think I’m ready for it, but it’s up to Steve [Stanton – ICF Promoter].

FightTicker.com: Thanks for talking with me Brandon, is there anybody you’d like to take a minute to thank?

Brandon Demastes: Definitely On Point Athletics, everybody go check out their website. Chad Marsh, Joe Schiff and Evan Davis – I train with them all the time – they’re good guys and I really appreciate their help getting me ready for the fight.

No comments: