MMA Gear

8.18.2008

Good Luck to Junie Allen Browning on season eight of TUF.

As all of you know, I love watching UFC events, including the reality show. The upcoming season (which starts on Sept. 17 at 10pm on Spike) features Interim Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and former Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir as opposing coaches who will meet in December as Nogueira attempts to defend his title for the first time since submitting Tim Sylvia to win it.

I mention this now as opposed to a month from now when it's going to start because I found out that a KY boy will be one vying for a spot on the show, so we should start rooting for him early (even though the show has already finished taping). I say vying for a spot, because out of the 32 potential participants, only 16 will make it on the show.

Regardless, Junie Allen Browning fighting out of Four Seasons Martial Arts in Lexington, KY will look to build on his 2-0 professional record (18-1 as an amateur) as he makes his attempt to get into the big show we call the UFC. Four Seasons is a kick ass school, and they train a number of up and coming fighters. I've hung out with some of the Four Seasons guys on occasion (I know a few guys that train there), and from what I've seen, they're all great fighters and awesome guys.

So best of luck, Browning. I know taping of the show has already wrapped up, but I hope we get to see you kick some ass.

-PreView

And here is the rest of it.

No comments: