MMA Gear

6.25.2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Say what you want about Michael Jackson (and hundreds of thousands of people are, all over the internet), but he was a hell of an entertainer. Even at age 50 he was planning on a multi-show comeback tour that would have undoubtedly set records for attendance, ticket pre-sales, everything.

Michael's influence on pop music, dance and culture is undeniable. Even though I won't miss hearing about his surgeries, the constant references to him and little boys, or the general madness that followed him, I will miss his presence as an entertainer. (And the fact that we both liked David Blaine.) But I do own a lot of his music and I'll still continue to listen to it.

For more information on the situation, feel free to check out this article on Yahoo.com. Beyond the fact that I don't agree with one commentor's comparison of Michael's death to the Kennedy assassination, it has some generally good information and background on MJ.

RIP Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009).

No comments: