MMA Gear

5.26.2008

UFC 84 Picks Update - PreView

Exciting fights Saturday night. I posted my best pick record for the year, and since I started playing the pick 'em in general: 9-2.

Overall I'm 93-63

For the year I'm 43-28

And once again, there was some discrepancy in my placement on MMAPlayground versus the UFC Fantasy pick 'em. On MMAPlayground, I was 625 out of 7,494. On the UFC site, I was 56 out of 19,355.

I'll leave it to Puddin' to post his own comments, and for me - aside from being disappointed that Tito Ortiz lost (in spite of a hellatious last minute submission attempt), I think the guy who was most impressive was Palhares. In addition to posting the submission of the night (and getting a $75,000 bonus), he looks like the guy to watch.

Other than that, B.J. Penn showed his dominance of the lightweight division in his systematic destruction of Sean Sherk....but then he called out Georges St. Pierre (Welterweight Champion), and even though he and St. Pierre have fought before (and Penn lost), if Dana White doesn't want to let a fight between GSP and Anderson Silva happen, I don't think he should let one between Penn and St. Pierre happen again.

Lastly, Wanderlei Silva appeared to be back to his old self in his blitz of Keith Jardine and newcomer Shane Carwin appears to be the most likely candidate to breathe some life into the HW division.

- PreView And here is the rest of it.

No comments: