MMA Gear

1.02.2009

Big News for FightTicker in 2009


I know it sounds cliche to say that 2009 is going to be a big year, or that big things are going to happen in 2009 (at least I've thought it was cliche when I heard it about 2009 times over the past couple days) but even this early in the year, there are already big things happening for FightTicker, so I thought I'd give you all a heads up on what is going on.

Check after the jump for the full story and some links to the news.


As of today, FightTicker.com is now officially part of the Sports Blog Net.

From FightTicker:

After a great first year in 2008, FightTicker.com is happy to start 2009 by announcing that the site has joined Sports Blog Net, a network of fantastic sports blogs from all over the Internet.

FightTicker.com is the first MMA site on Sports Blog Net so please head over to the network's main site and check it out as well as all the other blogs covering the multitude of other sports out there. After reviewing their site and the other blogs on the network, I hope you agree that both FightTicker.com and Sports Blog Net are positioned well to grow together.


If you want to check out SBN, go here. You'll see an MMA tab - when you click on it, you'll find content exclusively from FightTicker. If you want to jump straight to the MMA content, go here. Once you've clicked on a particular MMA story, you'll see a "Full Story" link - that link will take you directly to the post on FightTicker.

SBN is currently a beta version, but I've been told a new site design will be completed soon. This is a great opportunity for members of both SBN and FightTicker due to the higher amount of exposure each site will receive. As I mentioned before, all of the MMA content readers on SBN will find is currently exclusively from FightTicker.

I think it's going to be a great arrangement for everyone involved, and I'm certainly not upset that the content I post will now reach a larger audience. That definitely helps me with my goal of hyping local fighters.

So, cliche or not, I'm going to say it - big things are going to happen in 2009 - this is just the first of many to come.

I wish you all a happy and successful year. Keep an eye out here on Previously Viewed - I have some plans of my own, mainly to increase the amount of articles written and interviews I complete.

I'm already scheduled to cover the ICF: Shattered show on January 24th, and I'm working to get credentialed for another show (different promotion) on January 31st, so check back for live blogs of those events as well as post-event commentary with various fighters and promoters.

-PreView

No comments: