MMA Gear

1.16.2009

FightTicker Exclusive: Chad Hinton Becomes the First Pro Fighter to Sign Exclusively With Intimidation Cage Fighting


More exciting new from Intimidation Cage Fighting! From my role with FightTicker.com, I can exclusively report that professional Lightweight fighter Chad Hinton, co-owner of Cincy MMA & Fitness and member of Team Xtreme has signed an exclusive contract with Intimidation Cage Fighting. Hinton's first fight under this new contract is scheduled to be at the previously announced April 11th event at US Bank Arena.



Based on a conversation with Hinton last night and based on an email I received from Denver Cavins, Executive Producer of ICF Events, I can confirm that Hinton is the first fighter to sign an exclusive contract with Intimidation Cage Fighting for 2009. Hinton, 2-0 as a pro, fights at 155 pounds.

Hinton's first fight under the new contract will be at the previously announced ICF: Breakout, April 11, 2009, at the US Bank Arena. The ICF has released the information that this is a one-year contract, and that Hinton could fight up to four times in 2009.

Hinton told me last night that he spent a lot of time talking with his family and his team prior to making his decision and that he's excited for his prospects in 2009.

I've included a couple of pictures of Hinton's signing sent to me by Cavins. The other guy in the picture with Hinton is Steve Stanton, ICF promoter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

ICF will host its next event, ICF: Shattered, at Turfway Park in Florence, Kentucky on January 24th. For more details on upcoming ICF events, check out the post I wrote here.

You can find ICF on the web here.

For more info on Cincy MMA & Fitness and Team Xtreme, go here.

I was at Cincy MMA & Fitness last night as part of a profile I'm doing on the gym and Team Xtreme. Keep an eye out for that in the coming week. Chad gave me a full tour of the facility and I was able to speak to a number of Team Xtreme fighters, some of whom will be fighting at ICF: Shattered.

-PreView

No comments: