MMA Gear

9.21.2009

FightTicker.com is Shutting Down


As some of you may have already heard, FightTicker.com is shutting down this coming Saturday, September 26, 2009. It is certainly a sad thing for the MMA blogosphere, and for anyone who has ever visited this blog before, you know how much I was involved in writing and posting things on FightTicker.

Here is the official site announcement from FightTicker.com owner Pramit Mohapatra:

After 19 rewarding months, FightTicker.com will be shutting down on Saturday, September 26 at 11 AM EST. While one chapter ends, another one begins and I'm very eager to pursue the new opportunities that lay ahead, both personally and in MMA.

In case you're wondering, I'm fortunate enough to be part of the "Jack of All Sports" radio show on ESPN Radio here in Baltimore. The show is doing very well and this past week moved to the Tuesday evening rush hour time slot. I'll now have more time to devote to delivering quality MMA content on a weekly basis to mainstream listeners of this show. We've already done interviews with the likes of Greg Jackson, Jon Jones, and this past week Carlos Condit and that's just the tip of the iceberg for what we've got planned for the MMA segments.

In addition, MMA makes its Maryland debut in October right here in Baltimore, which should also present new and exciting opportunities on the business side of the sport.

In other words, I'll still be a part of this great sport that we all love, just in different ways.

Thank you to the many, many bloggers, commenters, and readers who made FightTicker.com such a wonderful little MMA community. I'm sure our paths will cross in the future (and who knows, maybe FightTicker.com will one day rise again!)

----------

As you will have no doubt guessed by this point, all of the links I have ever posted to content on FightTicker.com will be dead as the whole site is getting shut down. Due to that, I will be inundating PreviouslyViewed with all of my original content since the middle of May (when I stopped posting content in its entirety and published things solely on FightTicker).

I am doing this simply because I don't want my hard work to totally disappear - as I stated when I first started blogging, I got into this to help promote MMA and fighters in this area and I would be doing them a disservice if I let my reports on their hard work just go away.

However, in the wake of this sad news is some good news. I have joined the staff of another excellent MMA website, which will be revealed in a separate post. (If you're looking at this one, you probably already saw the other one.) I will still be covering many of the same events that I covered before, and will continue to give all of you the same great coverage of regional and national MMA news, commentary and original content.

While I will miss my time at FightTicker, I'm looking forward to this new opportunity.

-PreView

No comments: