MMA Gear

9.21.2009

ICF: Stacked Post-Event Interview with Jeremy Pender (July 30, 2009)


One of the pro fighters I got to speak with after the recent ICF: Stacked event at the new ICF fight club/MMA sports bar was Jeremy Pender.

Here is what Pender had to say about his fight:

FightTicker.com: Big TKO victory tonight over Jesse Grindstaff – how did you feel going into the fight?

Jeremy Pender: I was really worried. I saw him fight a couple times, he’s got really good muay thai, great jiu jitsu, basically a clone of myself, maybe a little bit more technical. I’d hurt my ankle a couple weeks before the fight so I was nervous about that, too. I just went in and tried to get it over with – luckily things worked out.

FightTicker.com: First pro fight to ever happen in the new ICF fight club/MMA sports bar – what did you think of the event?

Jeremy Pender: The club is amazing, I was so impressed. I stopped by a couple days ago and it just looked great. The crowd was good, a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I don’t know where they put everybody [laughs]. It was a good time, I think the club is going to be successful, the fights are going to be good. Hopefully we can stay open for a long time and put on some really good fights.

FightTicker.com: How soon do you want to fight again?

Jeremy Pender: I don’t know. I’m going to try and let all this stuff heal up and then we’ll see. I’m training with Team Vision now, and we train really hard, I get hurt in practice quite a lot rolling around with those big guys [laughs]. I’m going to try and train with the H.I.T. Squad during the winter, train there for about a month. I want to do at least one more fight this year and come back next year strong.

FightTicker.com: Thanks for talking with me Pender – anybody you want to give a shout out to?

Jeremy Pender: FightForLifeUSA.com and autism awareness. And here is the rest of it.

No comments: