MMA Gear

9.21.2009

My New Writing Gig - PRO MMA


As I mentioned in my most recent post, FightTicker.com is shutting down effective this Saturday, September 26, 2009. However, I wanted to let you all know that my blogging will still continue. I have joined the top-notch staff over at PROMMA.info, an excellent MMA site.

More info after the jump.

PRO MMA is a great MMA site. I first ran into site President/Owner Jack Bratcher and site VP/Editor Denny Hodge at an XFC show in Knoxville. We had some good discussions that night on the XFC show and the state of MMA blogging and reporting. Then, I met PRO MMA staff writer Dusty Adams at an RFL show in Indiana. I'd planned on live blogging that show but when I arrived was asked to commentate. I jumped at the chance, but needed a second man to play the Joe Rogan to my Mike Goldberg (or vice versa). I happened to run into Dusty, there to cover the show for PRO MMA, so I asked if he'd like to give me a hand and we did an excellent job commentating the show (if I do say so myself).

When I learned that FightTicker might be shutting down, I started making inquiries with some sites who were looking for writers and with some sites who had previously contacted me about writing for them. Ultimately, I decided that PRO MMA would be the best fit for me, and I am really excited about this new opportunity.

I do have some things to learn in terms of posting format and other logistical issues but I am hitting the ground running.

I will continue to do the live coverage of all of the shows I normally go to, as well as provide you with the best in regional and national MMA news, commentary, product reviews, and original content. I have some great things in the works right now, including some previously announced product reviews including Brandon Quick's 3-DVD set called Fade to Black, and some great products recently sent to me by Victory Belt. Additionally, mine and Puddin's radio show, Cageside Seats, will be up and running full swing again in the very near future, after I sort out some of the technical details.

And that's just me - PRO MMA already has a number of great writers and big things are happening with the site, including a blog from TUF 10 competitor Justin Wren. Wren will be posting weekly updates on his experiences on TUF, and his first entry is already in the books. You can check that out here.

I'm really happy to be part of the PRO MMA crew. It's going to be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to contributing what I can to PRO MMA's already strong staff.

-PreView

EDIT: I edited the article to correctly note that Cageside Seats is not just my radio show, but mine and Puddin's :)

1 comment:

MJM said...

Oh... so it's YOUR radio show? That's it. I want the name back.